About

The Duke of Cambridge,originally known as Emma Cottage,first opened it's doors as a beerhouse in 1857. A Mr Stephen Woodlands of the Phoenix Brewery, Orleans Road, Twickenham, took a lease on the building to carry on the trade of "beer seller and licensed victualler....provided that such trade be carried out in such a way and manner not to cause any noise or disturbance... to such persons as are resident in the immediate neighbourhood"



Emma Cottage is first recorded as the Duke of Cambridge in 1861, and takes it's name from Queen Victoria's cousin who established the School of Military Music at Kneller Hall situated opposite the pub.
Today the site is little altered although we hope we've done our best to make the pub a bit more comfortable!